REAL ESTATE LITIGATION
In Complex Transactions, the Details Matter
Disputes among boards, shareholders, unit owners and neighboring property owners are a fact of life in New York City. Wachtel Missry represents cooperative and condominium boards as well as unit owners and shareholders in every aspect of these disputes, from acting as general counsel to the Board of one of the largest condominiums in the City, to representing a single shareholder in a clash over roof rights. The Firm has a thriving practice representing buyers and sellers of cooperative and condominium units in the negotiation, purchase, and sale of their apartments.
Wachtel Missry’s team of experienced attorneys has successfully handled virtually every type of legal matter relating to New York City cooperatives and condominiums, including:
- Dispute avoidance and general building operations;
- Disputes over Proprietary Leases and House Rules;
- Negotiation and preparation of commercial leases for Boards;
- Lease disputes between Boards and their commercial tenants;
- Negotiation and drafting of purchase and sale agreements for co-o and condominium units;
- Neighboring property and access issues;
- Sponsor disputes;
- Addressing problematic shareholders and unit owners;
- Collection of unpaid common charges/maintenance, liens & foreclosure;
- Defective construction issues;
- Board rights of first refusal; and
- Alteration disputes.
Wachtel Missry attorneys are accomplished and creative advocates who look to negotiate an advantageous solution to our clients’ legal problems, and who are ready to vindicate clients’ rights in court with dexterity and efficiency. By drawing on skills acquired from regularly representing both boards and unit owners, clients get the best possible representation, synthesizing legal know-how from across the spectrum of players in this field.